Dealing with change and more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organizations. The Change Management Certification has been developed by APMG in partnership with the Change Management Institute (CMI), an independent, global professional association of change managers. Together they have developed a professional ‘body of knowledge’ for the discipline of change management. This body of knowledge now provides an independent benchmark for the professional knowledge expected of an effective change manager. This course is based upon this body of knowledge and helps you to pass the Foundation Change Management Certification exam from APMG.
APMG’s refreshed Change Management certification is fully aligned with the change management body of knowledge. The new syllabus samples a wide range of knowledge regarding the theory and practice of change management including:
* change and the individual
* change and the organization
* communication and stakeholder engagement and change practice
Benefits for Individuals – all about ‘know-how’
* Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process.
* Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
*Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
*Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
* Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
Benefits for Organizations – all about delivery
* Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility.
* Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
* Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change.
* Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change.
*Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
* Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
* Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as an informal member of a team working on an organizational change initiative.
Four sections, total of 50 questions
25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
40 minutes duration
This exam can be taken online.
This course is designed for individuals involved in change initiatives who require a working knowledge of the key principles of change management, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice.
Yes, 14 PDUs
This comprehensive course will cover the knowledge areas and process groups and the Professional and Social Responsibility domain covered in the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition.More Information
The PMP Professional Project Manager Challenge program is uniquely designed to transform you into a certified project manager.More Information
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM I)® certification is one of the most recognised and respected credentials in the Agile space.More Information
Attend this FREE Information Session to learn about the various project management certification and career options.More Information
This comprehensive course will cover the knowledge areas and process groups covered in the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition. In addition, the workshop will offer over 500 practice questions, and practical exercises in class, plus over 800 extra questions through online exam simulation web access.More Information
Explore and learn the best approach at blending Agile ways of working within a model that retains important corporate governance. You will learn how the Prince2 Framework can be tailored to work with Agile approaches.More Information
PRINCE2 Agile combines the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly- defined framework of PRINCE2®. This course builds upon the knowledge gained in the Foundation level.More Information