Portfolio Management (MoP®) helps organisations to take decisions on the right changes to make to their way of doing business. The changes are then introduced through programmes and projects.
MoP Foundation course provides participants a knowledge of MoP method that enables them to work with it effectively or within a work team, by applying this method.
Portfolio Management according to MoP can be successfully used inside specific Management departments or functions of an organisation such as "IT Portfolio". Generally, the best results are obtained when it is used by Top-Tier Management to manage the transformation and change of the whole organisation.
Portfolio Management according to MoP poses the following basic questions:
* Are we doing the right things?
* Are we doing them in the right way?
* Above all, are we getting all the predicted benefits from the changes we are introducing?
Portfolio Management MoP helps to increase the probability of giving a positive answer to these base questions and it does so by managing two cycles: Portfolio definition and supply.
* Know and understand the scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
* Know and understand the benefits from applying portfolio management
* Know and understand the context within which it operates
* Know and understand the principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
* Know and understand approaches to implementation, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
* Know and understand purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques
* Know and understand purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
* Know and understand scope of key portfolio management roles.
* Prepare to pass the MoP Foundation exam
The MoP Foundation Certification is suitable for individuals who want to demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MoP guidance and can work effectively as a member of a portfolio office or in various portfolio management positions. Those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision-making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
MoP Foundation is suitable for professionals involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realisation. The certification is also valuable to those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives, including members of Management Boards and Directors of Change, SROs, Portfolio, Programme, Project, Business Change and Benefits managers, as well as business case writers and project appraisers.
Yes, 21 PDUs
The MoP Foundation examination is described below.
The cost of the exam is not included in the course, and the actual examination is administered separately from the training course. The course will provide plenty of exam practice questions so that you are ready to pass the exam.
The cost of the exam varies by country. In Australia, at the time of writing this, the cost is $800 AUD.
Starting from 1 February 2022, exam vouchers for AXELOS Certifications, including MoP® Foundation, will incorporate the corresponding Digital Core Guidance (eBook). The Core Guidance eBook acts as a valuable source for candidates in their day-to-day work, long after their exam has finished. Keep in mind that the Foundation exam is CLOSED BOOK.
The MoP® Foundation Course covers the entire syllabus of MoP Foundation level and prepares participants for the MoP Foundation Examination. This level aims to measure whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles. To this end, they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the guide.